Rack Simply Automates Email Marketing with Mailchimp
Rack Simply approached eCommerce Cosmos to handle their email marketing automation & email marketing calendar. The first triggered email marketing sequence we set up for Rack Simply was Cart Abandonment Emails. We chose the platform MailChimp since Rack Simply is a startup.
If you have more than 20,000 emails and 50,000 unique visits we would recommend Klaviyo so you can A/B test cart abandonment emails to generate thousands of dollars in extra revenue. The project was delivered in 30 days and we created a series of triggered emails we’ll share below.
Cart Abandonment Emails with Mailchimp
Cart Abandonment Email 1:
- Trigger: 1 hour after cart abandonment
- Email Subject Line: We saved your cart for you
MailChimp is fantastic because they let you generate dynamic blocks with product names and prices and then teleports you back into your shopping cart. Here is what this email looked like for an actual customer.
Cart Abandonment Email 2:
- Trigger: 1 day after cart abandonment
- Email Subject Line: Your cart is waiting for you
Cart Abandonment Email 3:
- Trigger: 7 days after cart abandonment
- Email Subject Line: Do you want to save thousands of dollars on IT? 👩💻
Cart Abandonment Email 4:
- Trigger: 14 days after cart abandonment
- Email Subject Line: Your shopping cart is about to expire! ⏰
Within the first month of automating these emails with Mailchimp, Rack Simply generated sales through the cart abandonment email campaigns.
Product Review Emails with Mailchimp
Product Review Email 1:
- Trigger: 14 days post purchase
- Email Subject Line: Hey, how did we do? 😀
If you aren’t having success with product review emails we recommend setting up a loyalty program for your eCommerce store to incentivize more product reviews.
eCommerce Welcome Series Emails with Mailchimp
Welcome Email 1:
- Trigger: Immediately after subscriber joins the list
- Email Subject Line:💻 Download Your FREE Guide “5 Steps That Save Thousands On IT Procurement”
Welcome Email 2:
- Trigger: One day after subscriber joins the list
- Email Subject Line: Save 💢 5% OFF Your First Order 💢 with the Promo Code “Savvy”
Welcome Email 3:
- Trigger: 6 days after the previous email was sent
- Email Subject Line: ⏳ Your 5% OFF Promo is About to Expire ⏳
Automating email marketing by sending customers campaigns based on behaviors with your site can have a significant impact on your eCommerce revenue. Contact us to learn how to manage an effective eCommerce email marketing strategy.
- Date September 8, 2018
- Tags eCommerce Email Marketing